Thursday, January 21, 2010

what am i doing

just a way to keep track of the recipes i make and an easy way to share them with friends.

Tonight I cooked easy chicken and rice. It is my go-to meal when I have nothing to eat and no desire to go to the grocery store. Like tonight, there was a freaking ICE STORM. Blech. Definitely not going to catch me outside in that! It didn't help that I hadn't been grocery shopping in a week, Mason was freaking out, and Christian was on his way to a meeting. So this is my easy chicken and rice.

Easy Chicken

2-4 chicken breasts seasoned with seasoning salt (i use Lawry's)
Brown chicken in a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet. (to save on time I split my chicken breasts so they would cook faster). When the chicken is browned on both sides add one can of Cream of Celery soup mixed with 3/4 cup of water. Cover and let the chicken finish cooking and the sauce reduce. Serve over rice.

Tonight I used cream of celery, but it also works with cream of mushroom. I also served it over brown rice (trying to be healthy) and it was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment