Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cafe Rio Chicken

I went to Cafe Rio last month and remembered how much I LOOOOOVE eating there. Mmmmm. So good.

Ok, back to reality, I can't fly to CA or UT everytime I want some of that goodness, so I have my stand by recipes that I love (click here) and I recently found this one for the shredded chicken...


Café Rio Chicken

1 small bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
1 T chili powder
1 T cumin
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 lbs. Chicken breast-rinsed and fat cut off

Cook all in crock pot for 4-5 hours on low. Shred meat and cook an additional hour.


**MANDY'S NOTES**

I thought that a whole tablespoon of each of these seemed like, well, a lot. SO, i modified it slightly and added a scant 1/2 tablespoon each of cumin and even less of chili powder and then added a tablespoon of taco seasoning. It turned out so fabulous. That extra last hour is really important, it lets the chicken soak up all the yummy juices and flavors.

We love this wrapped in tortillas with rice and beans, in quesadillas, or over nachos. I made Martha's cilantro lime rice and my favorite black beans to serve along with this, but I think it would also be yummy in a salad or in enchiladas or just about anything else!

1 comment:

  1. Do you have the recipe for the their sweet pork, tastes great! I have it if you want it!
    -Lori

    ReplyDelete