Sunday, January 31, 2010

chocolate chip cake

lovely friends had us over for dinner tonight so i didn't have to cook (hip hip hooray!) but I decided to try out my new bundt pan and make a cake...chocolate chip cake to be exact!

1 yellow cake mix
1 large package instant chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream (not the lite version)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup hot water
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips together at medium speed for 4 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Cool ten minutes then remove from pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

**NOTES**
This cake is amazing. Seriously so good. I got the recipe from my family's cookbook and it originated from a friend of my Aunt Jodi. The original recipe says to use milk chocolate chips, but I loved the semi sweet ones. This cake really is rich enough that you don't need frosting, but I think that is you really wanted to some vanilla glaze would be acceptable. My personal favorite way to enjoy it is warm with ice cream. Yum. I had two pieces tonight and I had to undo the button on my jeans. A true sign of a successful dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment