Saturday, July 31, 2010

the rib recipe that is almost too good to share

So I hesitated about posting this rib recipe because it is really really good...and yet ridiculously easy. Fortunately no one really reads this blog, but, if you do, you have to promise to still be impressed when i make these ribs for you. I mean you have to lay it on thick "oooh so yummy, better than Tony Roma's Mandy"...the whole nine yards. Ok? Well now that we have that out of the way, here is the REALLY yummy and REALLY easy rib recipe :)

DONNA'S PORK RIBS

4lbs. Pork Ribs
1 bottle hickory BBQ sauce
1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper

P;ace ribs in a shallow baking pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover completely with foil to seal in the juices. Cook at 300 degrees for 2-3 hours or until meat practically falls off the bone. Remove foil, discard juices. Liberally spread sauce on one side of ribs, place in broiler until sauce begins to bubble. Repeat on other side of ribs.

Serve with lots of napkins :)

**NOTES**

I made two racks of ribs since we were having the missionaries over and I knew that they would scarf these puppies down. I also seasoned the ribs with my latest kitchen find, McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger Seasoning. Sounds strange, but that stuff is seriously so good. I sprinkle it on anything I grill or use BBQ sauce on and it really adds a nice flavor. Trust me. It is awesome on BBQ chicken especially. Back to the ribs...I also covered my baking sheet with foil so clean up was easier. The meat is SO tender it really does fall off the bone, so I found it easiest to flip and serve the ribs using kitchen tongs. An for BBQ sauce I HIGHLY advise spending an extra dollar and getting the Sweet Baby Rays original sauce. Mmmmm. But if you must, the KRAFT version is also acceptable.

Side note...

just so you know, the elders, my husband, and even Mason all LOVED these ribs. I don't think we will ever go out to eat for ribs again. They are that good.

Now go make them, then bask in the warm glow of compliments while everyone worships you as a kitchen goddess. Then giggle because only you and I know how easy this recipe really is.

So don't spoil it by sharing the secret with just anyone ;)

1 comment:

  1. The Jacksons LOVE this recipe! My husband can't get enough of it! Thanks for a great recipe secret!

    ReplyDelete