Friday, June 25, 2010

best peach cobbler ever.

Every summer I make this peach cobbler at least a dozen times. It is Christian's favorite food. Our favorite way to enjoy it is warm and topped with vanilla ice cream. However Christian also claims that it is wonderful cold for a mmidnight snack and then breakfast. Hence that fact that I make it at least a dozen times, one pan doesn't last long at our house!

Fresh Peach Cobbler (from the LA Times)

Preheat oven to 350

3 1/2 (or a little more) cups of fresh peaches, cut and peeled. (I always add a little more because I like it extra peachy, this time I used about 4 peaches minus the pieces I ate)

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 tsp cinnamon

*Spread peaches in the bottom of a 9x9 square pan and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon*

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup sugar

4 oz cream cheese

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

1 cup Bisquick

* Blend slightly melted butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Add Bisquick and mix in thoroughly. Spread over the peaches.

Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and set.

Mmmmm. Enjoy.

**note: Doubling this recipe is really easy. I usually double it and bake in a 9x13 pan. Just make sure you have lots of peaches, probably 8-10.**

**other note: Peeling peaches has been a piece of cake since I discovered this little tip... put the peaches in boiling water for one minute and then drop them in ice water for 2 minutes before peeling. This sounds like more work but saved me so much time.**

No comments:

Post a Comment