I came across this great recipe for blondies the other day and I have made it twice this week. Simple, fast, and incredibly yummy. They basically taste like a super delish chocolate chip cookie with a very soft center. Mmmmm.
8 Tblsp (1 stick) of butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 cup of flour
*extra add ins* (I always use chocolate chips!)
1. butter an 8x8 pan
2. mix melted butter with brown sugar - beat until smooth. beat in egg and then vanilla.
3. add salt, stir in flour. mix in any additions.
4. pour into prepared pan. bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. (err on the side of caution, they taste better a little underdone)
I always use chocolate chips because those are delish...but here are the other suggestions that the recipe listed:
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped toasted nuts
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup of dried fruit
For an even more fattening and yummy twist...top with melted chocolate and peanut butter or buttercream frosting.
Make them. I made a pan last night and I am eating the last one now. There is only one left because I hid it from Christian. Shhh....don't tell him.